What is the cost of treatment?
- Private Acupuncture Treatment: $85*
- Herbal Consultation: $25*
- If you are getting acupuncture, herbal consultations are included with the treatment. If you are not having acupuncture, the cost of an herbal consultation by itself is $25. The cost of an herbal formula varies based on each individual prescription. *Cost of herbs is not included in consultations.
What sets our clinic apart from other acupuncture and wellness clinics?
- We strive to accommodate each individual in a personalized manner and we honor the specific needs they may have when seeking out treatment.
- We always try to empower our patients so that they may learn how to incorporate a healthy balance to their lives.
Are herbal medicines safe?
- Yes. Most herbs used in Chinese Medicine are plant based and have little to no side effects when taken properly for the appropriate conditions. We supply herbs from a company that is GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified by the FDA. The herbal products we use are carefully monitored for heavy metals, carcinogens, bacteria or any other contaminants. Part of our training as certified herbalists is to be aware of any potential for adverse interaction between herbal medicines and prescription medications.
How do you take herbal medicines?
- We carry our own Chinese herbal pharmacy in granulated extract powders (which easily dissolve in hot water and taken as a tea). We compound individualized formulae based on each patient’s specific condition and modify the formula as needed. By special request, we are able to supply raw herbal formulas as well. A typical herbal prescription will last for 1-2 weeks, at which point it is either refilled or modified.
How often will I need treatment and for how long?
- A treatment plan is unique to the individual. Positive results are often seen after 7-10 treatments on a weekly basis. It may take up to 10 visits to see a change in more chronic conditions. It is our mission to make sure you feel better walking out of our clinic than you did walking in.
What should I expect at my first appointment?
- For your first appointment, we ask that you download and fill out the health history questionnaire provided on our website.
- We will start the treatment with a thorough health history intake during which we gather information including (but not limited to) your main complaint, any medications you take, any history of surgery and illness and any secondary health issues you would like addressed. We treat each individual according to a holistic perspective, so we will be asking questions that help us to form a diagnosis to treat your whole system.
- Due to the initial intake, the first treatment usually lasts about 1 1/2 hours.
What should I wear to my acupuncture treatment?
- Wear any type of comfortable clothing such as sweat pants, exercise clothes or yoga clothes that can lift above the elbows and knees.
Does acupuncture hurt?
- No, acupuncture should not hurt. When the needle is first inserted there may be a slight pinching sensation on the skin which may turn into a dull or tingling sensation. Acupuncture treatments are extremely relaxing.
Is acupuncture safe?
- As long as it is performed by competent practitioners, acupuncture is completely safe. As acupuncturists, we are required to use one-time disposable needles.
What conditions are treated with acupuncture?
- Allergic rhinitis (including hay fever)
- Chronic Pain
- Common cold & flu
- Facial Pain
- Golfer’s Elbow
- Gastrointestinal pain
- Hot flashes
- Knee pain
- Low back pain
- Morning sickness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Night sweats
- Sore throat
- Tennis elbow
- TMJ pain
Does insurance cover acupuncture?
- Some insurance companies do cover acupuncture and the list is growing as acupuncture continues to rise in popularity. Friends & Family Acupuncture will gladly give you any and all receipts and documentation to submit for insurance reimbursement. Because we do not submit insurance claims directly, we offer the affordability of community treatments which are about the cost of a co-pay.
What forms of payment are accepted?
- Cash and check are preferred. We do accept credit cards.
How many treatments will I need?
- This is unique to the individual. For most chronic conditions, we recommend 5-7 treatments on a weekly basis for the best outcome. In some cases, a treatment regimen may last as long as ten treatments. Many people notice an immediate improvement in their health while others may notice that acupuncture has more of a cumulative effect over time.